dear baby jancer,
you and i are officially 12 weeks into this pregnancy.
your dad and i are counting the days until we get to meet you.
we're so excited to have another little one, even if the timing of your pregnancy is a little complicated.
[i'll be barely six months into a new job when you come. ugh, i hate being the new kid at work and adding a pregnant belly and a maternity leave isn't going to help matters]
regardless, we love you and cannot wait until february.
a few things:
1. do you see this mashed potato craving ending anytime soon? boiling potatoes in 100 degree heat is getting old especially since i seem completely intolerant to heat of any kind right now. and fake potatoes don't cut it- they have to be baby red mashed with loads and loads of butter.
2. thanks so much for not making the first trimester exhaustion as bad as it was with kate - i find that as long as i nap when kate naps i can function pretty well.
3. when do you foresee the oversensitive sense of smell going back to normal? the drunks and homeless patients have always smelled foul but this pregnancy is taking their malodorous bodies to a whole new level. not so much fun. just saying.
4. please grow strong and healthy. that's all we ask. we honestly don't care if you're a boy or girl [seriously, it doesn't matter one bit to us] we just want you to be healthy.
5. thanks for cooperating the other day so that i could hear your heartbeat. a magical moment for me- i was holding your big sister's hand at the time and it all seemed too good to be true.
i know it seems silly to say but, we really do love you already.
i think it's because we already have kate and we know how amazingly awesome it is to be parents.
we can't wait to see how you fit into this family of ours.
grow strong little one.