Tuesday, May 21, 2013

according to instagram.


[may insta's]

 mcdonalds picnic at the park.
 afternoons consist of swimming and picnics. it's a rough life we lead.
 yuma's public library is pretty awesome. the kids play area keeps them entertained for quite awhile and when that ceases to amaze them, there is always the outdoor reading area full of trees, flowers and magic [i mean really, just look at that place- it's heavenly!]
 krew and kate fight and love like brother and sister- so glad they have each other. and evelyn is super proficient at mess-making much to my dismay. 
 one day when evie was exceptionally fussy and kate was restless, i loaded the kids into the car and we went on a hunt for bridges. sounds kinda dumb but it kept kate entertained and i got to see parts of yuma i had never seen before. i used to think yuma was ugly, but it is really growing on me lately. 
 kate and evie had their well-child checkups. they both had to have immunizations which in my book requires a good carb overload [i can never turn down a croissant]. and evie loves being read to. she'll grab a book and climb into my lap and push the book into my hands- love it. 
 we went hiking with the saunders somewhere out in the middle of the desert. i was surprised how well the kids did. 
 kate was a little jealous that evie got to be carried the entire way :)
 post-hike lunch at lake martinez. a real-life oasis
 my favorite picture in the entire house [and it's hanging behind the toilet. odd choice, i know]. and evie found kate's stash of princesses- look at that guilty face!
 kate has learned to fully appreciate cake batter and cookie dough. i couldn't be more proud. and this is what life looks like after i work a shift- lots of ipad movies in my bed. 
out to breakfast just me and my girls. we were oh-so-fancy and went to cracker barrel. and this is my favorite picture to date of miss evelyn. her expression is perfection. 



No comments: